well, as Russell Peters said...
The English ruled us for 200 years and then when they packed up, we were like.."oh no, we're coming with you!" lol
but seriously, England apparently has the second highest population of Indians (no prizes for guessing where the highest is) and it's soon going to add a couple more to the list. The news is I'm moving to the UK this month end for quite some time and though there are a million anxieties I'm facing everyday, at the bottom of it all, it's quite an experience for someone whose last vacation abroad was when she was 6 years old (I'm not counting Nepal :-) )
I'm tremendously excited about the 'big move' to E'h'ngland and can't wait to already be there! Any tips on living in the UK (especially around the Watford area which is where I'm probably going to be at after a month in Richmond) are much appreciated.
Though there is the anxiety of settling into a foreign land, finding a job and dealing with the day to day routine, I'm hoping for the best... but right now at home things are pretty much a mess with all the packing going on, especially considering we've pretty much settled in where we are - bought a house, car, furniture, mutual funds, blah blah... and while I'm writing the last line, it strikes me.... 27 isn't any age to 'settle' like a mossy stone... so here I am, ready to roll !
shall keep you posted !
Friday, March 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment